Frequently Asked Questions When Buying Property
The most frequently asked questions by buyers and sellers on buying and selling property in England and Wales. Find the answers in plain English.
To Buy or Not to Buy
- How can I check property prices in an area?
- Are Zoopla price estimates accurate?
- Is the Property Market Overvalued?
- Is the Property Market Going Up or Down?
Preparing to Buy Property
- How can I get on the property ladder without a deposit?
- I don't understand the terminology on property websites
- How can I find out about crime in the area?
- How can I find out if the property is in a flood zone?
- How can I tell if a property has damp?
- Does an estate agent have to put my offer forward?
- How can I find a good conveyancer or solicitor?
- The estate agent says there is more than one offer, is it true?
- How can I check my credit rating before I apply for a mortgage
- Should I pay the asking price for a house or flat?
- Can houses be leasehold and freehold?
From Offer to Exchange
- Who can I trust when buying a property?
- Why is the estate agent trying to rush me?
- What are the different types of property survey?
- My surveyor has put a retention on the property value
- My survey says the property is overvalued
- What should I do if my survey says the property has a damp problem?
- My survey says the property has problems with the electrics
- What to do if my survey says the property has problems with the roof
- My survey says the property has problems with the plumbing
- My survey says the property has subsidence or structural issues
- My survey says the property needs X thousand pounds worth of work done
- My solicitor says there is a problem that cannot be solved
- Survey valuation lower than offer, what to do?
- Offer accepted but house or flat still on the market?
- The Survey says the property has subsidence, what to do?
- Should i get a structural survey done?
- What happens if the survey valuation is higher than my offer?