What does 'Mouse Holder' mean when buying a property?

Find out what Mouse Holder means when you are buying a property. 'What does Mouse Holder mean?' plus over 150 other property related terms and jargon in plain English

Mouse Holder

A person who lives in a town or city and buys a property to rent out in another town or city is known as a Mouse Holder.

This is a route sometimes followed by people who cannot afford to buy a property for themselves in the location that they live so they buy something somewhere else more affordable, rent it out and wait for the value to rise.

They then use this equity (either by selling or re-mortgaging the property) to raise the funds needed for a deposit on a home where they currently live.

To discover other ways and means to get on the property ladder pick up a copy of my ebook How to Really Buy a Property.

Search Results for 'mouse holder' in
How to Really Buy a Property

"... idea is slowly beginning to catch on with people not only starting to buy rental investments elsewhere in the city they live in but also in other cities where prices are expected to increase more rapidly such as Manchester and Birmingham. Those who pursue the 'out of their own city' option have become known as mouse holders. This is something to do with the way City Mice become Country Mice,..."

Search Results for 'mouse holder' in
Property FAQ

There were no results for 'mouse holder' in Propery FAQ

Search Results for 'mouse holder' in
Property Terminology